Redline’s award winning Virtual Fiber system is advanced technology that delivers multipoint access or transport quickly and cost-efficiently. The unsurpassed fixed-wireless and nomadic-wireless solution has all your communication needs covered, while easily outperforming traditional PTP microwave applications.
The RDL-3000 XP is Redline’s Virtual Fiber 5th generation Software Defined Radio (SDR) based on an FPGA architecture. The RDL-3000 XP is a high-performance, high-speed large-PMP/PTP VLAN-aware Layer-2 wireless switch for use in commercial, industrial, business or government environments. Data and management traffic is IEEE 802.3 Ethernet.
Based on OFDM and developed by Redline, Virtual Fiber carries the load with its:
- Software Defined Radio designed for purpose, optimized wireless protocol and manufactured by Redline
- High Capacity: delivering capacity of up to 330 Mbps of actual user data over-the-air
- Long Range: carrying voice, video and data at distances over 80 Km
- Low Latency: Redline’s industry-leading millisecond latency ensures that even the most time-sensitive services can be delivered over wide areas
- Versatility: Redline’s Virtual Fiber™ platform brings the option to operate on any frequency between 450 MHz and 6 GHz including licensed, reserved and unlicensed bands. Can be used in PTP or PMP modes.
- Efficiency: packing over 9 bits per second per Hertz of information for transmission over-the-air, while being flexible enough to support channel sizes ranging from 20 MHz to below 1 MHz for the most efficient use of any available spectrum
- Simple Implementation: Virtual Fiber is built on a Layer 2 network topology for ease of network integration in to existing cores allowing different services across the wireless
- Reliability and Ruggedness: Redline’s technology drives products that operate unattended in harsh environments for years, at temperatures that range from -40 to +75 °C, and in harsh conditions as demonstrated by IP67 compliance and the ability to operate in hazardous zones
- Security: Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) and enough security to allow us to be FIPS 140-2 certified are only two of the many features that make Redline products secure enough for military use
- Innovation: Customer’s required a solution to deliver high speed data for their off-shore vessels and assets. Redline answered by developing its patented Network Topology Awareness
Virtual Fiber™ technology is available products designed, manufactured and supported by Redline.